Thursday, January 22, 2009

In Bruges

2008

Comedy/Action

Collin Farrell; Brendon Gleeson

This movie was recommended to me by my brother where he and I occasionally see eye to eye and agree on movies. But this time he was right on the money. This movie stars Colin Farrell, remember him? Just kidding. And Brendan Gleeson as two contract killers who are advised by their boss to hide out in the small old historic village of Bruge, Belgium until he calls them. Brendan Gleeson's character being a more relaxed older man enjoys this time to take in some of the sites while Colin Farrell's character is a young, smart-ass Irish man (big stretch) who is going crazy with boredom and needing to find anything good and enjoyable in this town.
The acting, storyline, humor, and final gun battle/ chase scene is what makes this such a great movie to me.I already knew that Brendan Gleeson was a great actor but this gave me more respect for Colin Farrell as a serious actor and not a "hollywood bad boy". I think Colin Farrell is taking a play out of the Brad Pitt's playbook by choosing this movie.
In this movie try to see if you can recognize the three people that play characters in the Harry Potter movies.
P.S. When you watch this movie make sure you go into the DVD special features and watch the segment entitled F*cking Bruge, it's hilarious.

-McKay R.

A-

No comments: